post Hull pics

Pierpointscott: hope you don’t mind me posting the pics you took of the Klaus Jones hulls inline

LeeV: do you have side/profile shot of that Liddle?

something else i notice about hulls - the profiles are so contrary to what you would expect the planshape to be (or vice-versa), meaning if you were shown only the profile, and told to draw the planshape out to what you think it would be… in most cases i think most people would draw something with a pulled nose, and widepoint center or behind center, wider tail.

Thanks, Lee. i’m posting inline so people can compare:

handmade-the only way to fly!!!

Andersenfan’s Liddle Inbetweener

McMalibu’s Liddles

HOPE REEF'S HULL

9N78W hows that board holding up, need some feed back on those blanks.

KP: ain’t got it yet. I only just last week put the order in - but 4-shore will post pics of it when ah git it.

quick question for all: I’ve been using the word “profile” for looking at a board from the side, but maybe the right term is ‘foil’? yea/no?

KP: one thing i can tell you is that in discussion with GL, he said the blanks he’s using are thicker now, and since i’m 220-225lbs he was thinking he could go up to 3 1/4" thickness down the center and still keep the rails very thin. ( i’m gettin 7’4" Pointbreaker)

Lately, outside of my mat, my main rig has been a 6’8" twin keel that’s under 3" thick — so i’m getting beaucoups more paddlepower. although not the reason for me wanting a hull, i’d love to be able to get into waves much sooner. But i understand that due to the hulled bottom they’re not always wave-catchin machines. ( comments welcome on this point) my flat-rockered fish catches waves easy enough, but the thinness and shorter, wider length - well I don’t like using it in open-water spots. (long paddles)

two things-1 is you might want to put a roundtail on that board you are getting(if you haven’t already ordered it that way) and 2- right about not being easy to paddle into waves especially with the fuller outline like the pointbreaker.it’s best to just wait for the moment when all you have to do is turn around push nose into wave (maybe with a paddle or two)and go.a lot easier than trying to paddle a bunch to get into wave.with that being said, some of my hulls with a pulled nose and wider tails get into waves super easy…

thanks advice, matt.

why the round tail?

handle juice a little better and i think they are easier to surf than the arc tail(though greg will probably tell ya different)…

Arctails with the side runners are are easyer to ride, they dont slide out when waves get real hollow.

arc tail = rounded-square tail?

Prettymuch.

well, i’m goin with rounded-square single fin. these are GL’s recs for someone new to hulls. i’ll be surfing mostly head-high faces - none-too-hollow points.

Quote:

handmade-the only way to fly!!!

WOW! scary what shows up your computer now days , Hey Skip howzit? I was hookin horns for the Vaqueros boys up in Olympia, got good Westport am that day. Hope you guys have been gettin wet.