Random Photos From The Low Tech Lab

Mega fish get mega Fins. Is bigger better? Yes...Mega Better.....MoBeta...you betta get one...One big fish....

mwga fun

new signage old style........ luv it

Awesome looking MEGA fish stingray

Fun times at the Lab.....Flat water SUP is fun at the Lagoon and the Bay......

I really like this thread. Im a tradesman for a living. I know the "right" way to do things, but for some reason, i get more satisfaction accomplishing a taks with total random bits n pieces i have laying around, than going and buying a big dollar item. Don't see the point of spending shit loads on something i'll use once. More fun, and in some way i think it makes you more "flexible".

Used to be a show on here callede "bush mechanics", which was about aboriginals in the outback. They'd fix broken axles/overheated cars ( in the desert mind you ) with tree branches, old tin cans. Was awesome.

Keep it up.

Kinda related, i made some surfboard racks at work, welded them up, painted them and all. They sat at home for weeks, coz i couldn't be arsed drilling the holes in the brick work. Ended up spending an hour using scrap timber and whipping up some racks ( 3 rack instead of one ), and screwing into the timber beam. Wife was happy!. Now i need to figure out what to use the steel ones for!!

[quote="$1"]

I really like this thread. Im a tradesman for a living. I know the "right" way to do things, but for some reason, i get more satisfaction accomplishing a taks with total random bits n pieces i have laying around, than going and buying a big dollar item. Don't see the point of spending shit loads on something i'll use once. More fun, and in some way i think it makes you more "flexible".

Used to be a show on here callede "bush mechanics", which was about aboriginals in the outback. They'd fix broken axles/overheated cars ( in the desert mind you ) with tree branches, old tin cans. Was awesome.

Keep it up.

Kinda related, i made some surfboard racks at work, welded them up, painted them and all. They sat at home for weeks, coz i couldn't be arsed drilling the holes in the brick work. Ended up spending an hour using scrap timber and whipping up some racks ( 3 rack instead of one ), and screwing into the timber beam. Wife was happy!. Now i need to figure out what to use the steel ones for!!

[/quote]

Yes, BeerFan....Welcome to the Low Tech Lab!!!!!!!      Tradesman, Salesman, SuperEducatedman, BlueCollar Man and everyone else....a place to get away from all the stress....a place to build boards , talk story and make friends.......and have fun...surf and tool skill not required....Stoke a must............

some boards got modified....the Mex Blanket got converted to a quad....it's for sale...fins went onto the yellow/green fish...

Anyone want to barter?........The purple egg got sold for cost.....guy came back two months later and paid me to make it a quad...fun...fun ...fun...stoke, stoke, stoke...........

and........these are "old boards" but I thought you might like the photos.....

that colour splash looks sweeet…how did you do that with so little tech ???

[quote="$1"] that colour splash looks sweeet....how did you do that with so little tech ??? [/quote]

Go for it!

I shaped another egg...It had to be Blue....MarkSSD helped me lay out a really nice laminate and hot coat....the photos hide most of the flaws...we're getting better....dark colors are tricky.........poly foam / epoxy resin

Stingray has a new place to hang out after surfing.........

Not to be out done by my latest egg....MarkSSD shows up with a CLARK FOAM 7' 11" blank!!!!!!!

Very cool !!!!    Almost ready for glass.......

and we're working on a 10 foot pig....

....Merry Christmas...........Happy New Year!

The Megla Fish is getting set waves............and lots of new friends.......

Great looking boards.

oooooh, I wanna hang out there.

=)

Did you get a boat??  O side harbor is very chill.  If I didn’t make stuff I’d ditch the house and move my family onto another boat.  

A while back a catamaran designed and built by Phil Edwards was on sale and I tried to see if any Swayholics or other surfers wanted to partner but no luck.  It was only like $26,000.  Well, only…