Random Photos From The Low Tech Lab

you guys are having some fun!

good to see you on here Mark, missed you at SanO…

i’d like to see some more of that pink railed quad in the backround if/when there’s some progress.

" i'd like to see some more of that pink railed quad in the backround if/when there's some progress."

Yanked out the leash plug,sanded and restored plug. Installed plug like new. Fixed tail.....paint was close but not perfect...lammed repairs with poly UV cure....set aside...other projects more important...photos someday... It's a cool board

Who is this guy?

Ray

There seems to be a little too much levity going on in your lab , surfboard building isn’t just about having fun you know.

Why some people spend their whole lives making toys in a very serious fashion not posing for photos with a shit eating grin all the time !!!

No come to think about it is fun and you guys are having plenty.

Keep it coming

Cheers

Mooneemick

I can’t say, but he looks even more low-tech than you… no vacuum bags, variacs, hot wires, etc 

PS I heard that he might be having a low-tech burger fest at his house this afternoon, and that San Diego Swayloqueros are welcome…

Hummmmm, resinburgers

can you make mine with extra foam dust and a side of 4oz. and to wash it down with some gloss resin

see you in a few hrs

having fun at the lab, the transformation of the meglafish has started

Howzit Keith,I don't know who he is but I like the way the rails were cut and then he did a freat job of wetting them out,seems like he knows what he is doing. Aloha,Kokua

I had the opportunity to hang out at the LTL this weekend.  We glassed a couple of REALLY big blanks that I shaped out of a big block of EPS.  I learned a ton, and it was a lot of fun.  Markssd, Stringray, and I worked the whole day long taping, cutting fiberglass, mixing colored resin, spreading huge cups of resin, razor blading tape lines, pulling tape, and flinging colored resin all over the place.  Here are some pics…

GREAT stuff

FUN is what it is all about !

keep the photos coming ...

(the difference between you guys and me ? ...you seem to be good craftsmen , doing quality work , as well as having FUN !)

cheers Ray and Mark and Swied !

keep up the good work , and good times  !

ben

(as Simon said when he was here , "if you're not enjoying life , you may as well not  be alive " !)

(cf:  from "The Low Tech Chippy61 Sink / ben ch "...

this will be my next project ...to cut 'fin thickness' slivers off the agave offcut that 'Longboards Scarborough's owner Ross [aka 'P-Co' ] gave me ....)

adventuresinagaveland13.jpg 

adventureswithagave7.jpg

adventureswithagave1.jpg

cheers !

ben

Soft racks $48.00......can't trust them for SUP.....Blue tie down straps extra $$$.....

Dent in roof....Free.....

Share The Stoke

...Low Tech Lab Tee Shirts Update...

MarkSSD did all the Art Work....MarkSSD made the screens and did the first run of shirts.....A hand full of San Diego people got shirts......All paid for by MarkSSD.....Thank you Mark....

1 dozen blank shirts got donated by Surf4Fins......MarkSSD Made those shirts into Low Tech Lab shirts.....

Everyone who has be promised a shirt will get a shirt.........Some time......before the end of the year.......

The Contact person is now Stingray.  I need 12 shirt orders before I will bug Mark to pull out the screen.....We are not in this for profit....lets make a deal....shirts cost about 15..............

...and take a long look at that cut lap....about 4".....two good friends making it happen......

.......there's a whole lot of team work happening here......

hi Ray !

NICE STUFF !

a few q's , if you don't mind ?

....when you do a spray like that , are you using REAL ferns , or is it a reusable cardboard stencil , mate ?

I like the look if it ...

....will the deck be a diffent coloured fern spray , I wonder ?

.... Is the board for you , do you 'S.U.P ' ??

kastly , the yellow board with the red ..'flicks'...yeah ? [resin flicked on , with a brush , is that what you did THERE , Ray ? ] ...or , is it sprayed , perhaps ?!

cheers !

ben

hey Ray

did you ever use any of that veneer I gave you guys?

nice looking blue fern board

Palm branches, resin Flicks is correct. Have not used the wood from Ken yet...........

Ray held the palm branches as I sprayed the paint, the deck ended up witha grass mat material down the middle will post pictures wen done, this is a 10'1" fish. or tiki board