Random Photos From The Low Tech Lab

anything can happen...fun blog Mr Benchipshiperman.....

...I checked the web at work.....ACE had some old blanks laying around...I sent a text to Mark....Mark text back...pm went out...foam got picked up today......I can't believe it....fun stuff....

...I bought a Quad set of glass on fins the other day. It was the only set they had. Not too many people glassing on quads these days......The small fins are double foiled......Random stuff.....

yeaaah   FINS !!

I like the background ?bench? swirls [photo of THAT too , please Ray ?

glad you enjoyed the blog

I'm just about to put up yesterday's early session shots there ...ENJOY !!

cheers

ben

for Chipfins61......

I was lurking over at the SurfySurfy web page....I love this guy....The Cardiff Kook....just so happy to be Surfing....

...Happy is good...

“Just so happy to be surfing” THAT…is what it’s all about!

The ultimate bottom line.

The board is done fun at the Lab doing it

More fun toys to play with at the Lab

Freehand hot wire on the big blank (yum the smell)

....Mine's finished too...

Both Mark’s and your boards turned out great.  I’m glad that I got to be there when they were coming together.  I have a question about how you attached the tail blocks.  As I understand it, you used five minute epoxy to glue the blocks onto the already laminated tail.  What did you do after sanding it flush to the rails?  Did you fold a layer of glass over it, or did you just hot coat over it?

[quote="$1"]

for Chipfins61......

[/quote]

" Now , THAT there is one beautiful pizza , mate !!

.....can I have fries with that , please ?! "

When I attach them I use a hot glue gun then finish sand then glass over it

she's a beaute Ray

[quote="$1"]

Both Mark's and your boards turned out great.  I'm glad that I got to be there when they were coming together.  I have a question about how you attached the tail blocks.  As I understand it, you used five minute epoxy to glue the blocks onto the already laminated tail.  What did you do after sanding it flush to the rails?  Did you fold a layer of glass over it, or did you just hot coat over it?

[/quote]

The Red Rail board has a lot of R+D gonig on. Mark and I tried several things on that board that were not part of our Standard glass job........We've learned quite a bit from that project and we've had several discisuions about future projects. We get Tim involved too...Best to talk about that stuff in person........

Mark's board was more straight forward.....For tail blocks we've tried standard resin , 5 min epoxy and hot melt glue. I get lost in the whole art thing and glue on tail blocks with colored resin........The Hot Glue Gun works great.....That's what we did with Mark's board.

So....Low Tech Lab...Tail block install instructions.....Ha ha ha......RR Epoxy.....

Glass board... Hot coat board...Cut off tail... Glue on Tail block with Hot Melt Glue... Shape tail block... Seal tail block with epoxy resin...Sand tail block...Cut out and install fin box.....Mask...sand...Cap fin box and glass on tail block in one step...And do all those little tricks Resinhead taught me...like doing the leash rope hole as part of the fin box install.....

Ohh yeah...soo many tricks.....Too much fun....

Stingray

December 12 ,2010. Heat wave in San Diego County. Mark and Tim are out of town.......

Some times you just have to go for it on your own!............Epoxy cut lap...................

...a few days later.......Glass ons....

Somebody’s having some fun!

Like the square tail - Looks like a good board for any quiver.

California went from heat wave to Super Rain Storm in the month of December.

So Cal should be dry for New Year's Eve but very cold and more rain on the way......Space heater time.....make sure you have a qualified electrician build you a thick extension cord for your space heater.......

Micro boards got shaped......glassing soon......

Looks like we're going to be doing more skins.....This stuff is not cheap......The Vacuum Pump is working good. I don't have the time to stumble through the Joe Woodworker web site. If anyone finds a blueprint or anything that can help us fine tune this setup please let me know......

It's not easy drinking all this leftover Beer.....

Experimenting with Epoxy resin and Color......January 2011.........