Random Photos From The Low Tech Lab

As I already told you, Ray, I love the one on the left…

wow!

root beer

it's the pumps vacation home ;)

Hi Pridmore...the purple egg is 5'7" x 21 1/4" x 2 1/4...EPS / Epoxy...not much rocker

TBlank...thanks for the offer.

Karl....that's exactly the pump we have....Thanks for the link....I did not build the vac pump but it's found a new home in my workshop. I'm going to print out the info and save it just in case we have a problem down the road...

Ray

...Set up for glass ons....

Below are a few random photos taken at the Low Tech Lab today.

Here we see the master demonstrating his technique.

A low tech meal was enjoyed by all.

Mr. Resinhead helping out with a high tech problem…

Whitney’s resin swirled fish made a fabulous table for the chips and potato salad.

The brown widow handplane got some fiberglass today.  The bottom is facing up in case it isn’t obvious to you.

dang, looks like you guys had some fun!

Had a fun time yesterday!  Thanks for hosting the party!

Stingray you inspired me to build an egg like your nice purple one!

WAS THERE GUACAMOLE?!

(sorry I didn’t rsvp, Ray. had a bunch of crap going on up here. sorry I missed you guys)

man,,, sorry I missed out

but camping was fun,,, oh ya!

The Question was asked...."Why do you do glass on's the way you do and do you think that the fin rope adds strength".

The answer is.....I am doing glass on fins as I was taught by the glassing 101 video. It is also very close to the the methods in the ding repair book. And I've watched KM do glass ons....I have no input or debate or answers about strength of fin rope.

Still crazy after all these beers, Eh "Ray??

ps. If you have woodworking questions on supply or whatever you are welcome to pm me and I'll do what I can.

like the planshape of the purple egg, whats the dims on that one ???  looks like you guys have some fun, thats what its all about.....

This is a good model Stingray

http://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/EVS/concept.htm

The same one I have as well. I built mine with 220V.

Nice Lab Stingray!

Kind regards,

surfding

I was finishing off a deck de-lam repair on an Island Influence long board the other day....Mark came over and I owed him a few beers. So I went down to the store and picked up some New Castle Brown Ale. Mark and Tim love this stuff......

So the discussion / debate turns to how to cut out a de-lam without causing more damage....I've got this roto zip tool I never use..........Modified it today......

Great Idea S'ray, Smart. Looks like one end could be extended to put a small knob or handle on for better control. For those that have Dremels, they sell a really cool plunge base for them and turns it into a mini plunge router. They sell for about $25.00.

Good on Ya.

We a saw thread in the Industry section. Segway Compositites is having a clearance sale this weekend. http://www2.swaylocks.com/forums/spring-cleaning-segway-composites 

Well...The Lab Techs decided to go on a field trip. We braved the wind and snow and hail and rain.  Ken's shop is a fun place. Resinhead showed up and McDing too. Mark got a lesson on the AKU shaper. Resinhead is computer shaping the new Stand Up Seal Slayer. We got foam!!!!!

Surf4fins can't decide if he wants to Stand Up Paddle or Sit Down Paddle......

The real delima is how to keep the Pizza hot and the Beer cold..............

Have fun..........

The lab boys picked up some paddle boards, I know you are all screaming more stand ups in the line up not us! These are sit down models and fish killers...