Random Photos From The Low Tech Lab

I wish I could have joined you guys, but my little one car garage shop is kind of full of foam right now.  I’ll be out their killing fish with you soon.

I'm thinking about some sort of locking device for the chair.....some sort of quick clamp...maybe a Race car part....

Surf a real surfboard in the morning...go in...have a snack...maybe a nap......

...grab the "NOT FOR SURFING" paddle board and Stand Up Paddle out past the reef into the kelp beds......

Lock down the chair and Cruz for dinner.........Jay has 1500 ideas for fishing poles....and a few ideas about guns and harpoons ...........fun stuff....

.........My new  "Not For Surfing" SUP blank is stringerless 1.5# EPS.....and It's 12 feet long. I can do lots of things....

I'm looking for options....most likely fiberglass reinforcements....did I mention these boards are Not For Surfing.

Stingray

The photo of Swied's car with foam block is really cool....I tried to post some surfboards on Quiver and got an error message that says my photos are too small. Photos that I did not resize to post here...wierd...so WTF...

...One day I'll figure it out......here's the resized photos.....Fun Fun Fun.....

My Back Yard...

nice Ray ,

how does the twinny ride ?

and the magenta single fin ....what fin do you use ? [any photos of it , please ? cheers]

HOW big is the magenta board .....5'7" ????  is it YOURS ?!

how does THAT surf ?

did you make the twin keels ?

looks fun !

cheers for photographing those !

good on ya matey !

ben

[quote="$1"]

nice Ray ,

how does the twinny ride ?

and the magenta single fin ....what fin do you use ? [any photos of it , please ? cheers]

HOW big is the magenta board .....5'7" ????  is it YOURS ?!

how does THAT surf ?

did you make the twin keels ?

looks fun !

cheers for photographing those !

good on ya matey !

ben

[/quote]

egg...5'7" x 21 1/4" x 2 1/4"

fish...5'7" x 20 1/2" x 2 1/4"

too small for the Lab Techs....boards are up for sale or trade....

thanks Ray !

...can I swap you some fins for the fish ? [and some photos for the egg ??] .... or , maybe, a couple of my boards , for both ? [ it's just a bit of a bummer that we don't live close by , hey ?!]

So,   how big would you make these boards ,  if they were going to be for YOU , Ray ?

cheers !

ben

Hiya Mr. Ray !

....do you have any more  shots of this spray , finished, and glassed , please ?

what is the board ? [size , fin setup?]

cheers !

ben

hey Ray, how’d that quad come out? the one that you were working on based off that LInden (if i remember correctly)…

Nice ‘cut’ Ray.  What… did you lose a bet?   The twin with the Mexican Blanket is sweet.  Mike

I live close to Camp Pendleton. They don't understand shaggy hair......

[quote="$1"]

hey Ray, how'd that quad come out? the one that you were working on based off that LInden (if i remember correctly)...

[/quote]

EPS / Epoxy / Beechwood. 6' 3" x 20" x 2.5".....4oz under/4oz over , top and bottom. US blank with a stringer.

It's a goal to some day surf this board..It may or may not happen.

Hello Chipfins61,

The photo of me airbrushing.....That is MarkSSD's surfboard. It's the Green Log on this thread. The blank came from a Swaylock's deal. It's a 9 something pig with a cool tail block. The purple egg and the Mex fish are blanks we got from ACE for free. I call them design concepts....We learned a lot on the last few boards.....

Thanks for the PM's...

Mrs. Stingray has had medical problems for about 10 years. 2010 was very intense. She had to re-learn how to walk over the summer. Let's just leave it there....Please don't ask....

My 3-4 days of surfing every week are now spent working with my wife / best friend. She's currently walking 1.5 miles, 3 times a week.

And.....I get to surf on the weekends.......On my 8' x 21 3/4" x 3" Magic Egg........lots of tail rocker.....

Here's a photo from Dec 2010.....Longboard Collectors swap meet.....

All the best for Mrs. Stingray and YOU , Ray !

you're a GOOD man , and I REALLY appreciate your presence here at Sways . You and Shipman [R.I.P. Ben] have been inspirations and encouragement to me , over my years here at sways in my fish and fin61 days .

This is one of my favourite threads , and I check in from time to time , to see what you and the others here have been up to .....

keep up the good work ,

keep sharing the stoke !!

regards ,

ben chipper-westozman

Hi Ray,

It’s great to see your lady up and getting stronger.  Ditto what Ben says.  It’s an honor to know you and think of you as a friend.  Mike

Yo Chipfin,

what part of Westoz?  Developed a friendship during a G-Land stay back in the day with Ross Gray from Margies, solid big wave charger, ran into him again a few years later in Fiji, following year spent three weeks with him and his wonderful family at their place just a few minutes away from Margies… loved it there…incredible light, great folks, and the surf…swells were rarely below 2x, and between Margies, the boat ramp, the Bommie and a few other delights, got more waves then on any trip before or since…it’s a lucky surfer to be born in West Oz…

cheers

board looks sweet Ray!

Howzit stingray, Being an ex-marine I know about the hair thing and for some reason every company I was in had to have short and I mean real short hair. But I never got hassled bu the other Mrines when they saw me coming out of the water with my short hair and then would open my van door and grab my Tags and put them around my neck and hey just smiled at me then. Aloha,Kokua

hi lcc !

...I sent you a private message , so as not to hijack stingray's work here ...

cheers

ben 

6 foot by ?????

$65 blank. I'm thinking red tint in the center.....I like shortboards but I don't ride them....