Share the stoke ! [photos]

…only 15 minutes of surfable light left at Kewalos!

First and probably last time in Costa Rica. 9’4" Dewey Weber Stylist. Too many mosquitos, and I kept wishing I had a shortboard…

…the good ol’ days: school on the mainland! I had a 10’0 Tyler I bought off of Matt Howard.

o yeah now i remeber the “Adventures of Frank” thread on surfermag. the guy rips!

thanks Josh , for the link too ! [get well soon mate …have a great time up on the goldie …maybe you could look up feral dave and others !]

ben

frank …link…

http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=533086&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

[I am now “anonymous” there , it would seem …

at www.shaperoom.net , I have become “invite” …

thankfully here , so far [touch wood] , I haven’t had a login crash … if it ever does , I hope to be able to email as many of you as possible …

for a moment there , I thought it was a “the internet hates Aussies” thing …

(from “Waves” magazine…used without permission , to demonstrate that) even some [ex] pro surfers will experiment …when they are no longer on the tour .

Who could forget Tom Curren beating this guy [Matt Hoy] on an old late '60s board in a contest in France , back in the '90s ??!! [“Coque” , were you there ?]

A hoy there !! [I think I see one there you might like at the moment , Speedy …not sure if it has the “step bottom” , though ?]

Garage surfing and paddle practice!!!

Jase (MMM)

sick puppy !!

…you’re actually a lot younger and slimmer than your name would suggest !!

Your ‘arse’ [note the PROPER spelling , and pronunciation !!] doesn’t look fat in this !

skinny hb ben

don’t have the dims on that tiny organge board that he is holding up in the begining of that thread, do you? i was planning ona similar board like 4’9 2 7/8 in thick and 22 inches wide. single fin too or maybe a twin designed to spin.

hi “Rider…” !

Do you mean THIS, [Frank’s "baked bean " ] ?

…Unfortunately , this was one of the very few boards I didn’t template or measure.

I believe the guy who bought it from Frank was / is a restaurant owner in England , and was going to put it up on the wall in his place.

…Perhaps if I could somehow find out where in England , one of our U.K. brethren could do the tape measure honours ?

I , too , thought it was a stubbie , stubbie board .

(Frank however seems convinced it was something along the lines of : -

15"nose x 6’2" x 20" x 2 3/4" x 15" tail … ( but , it’s a few years ago now , so the details are hazy.) )

[Frank , for reference, is around 5’7 (max ) ]

ben

I’ll ask the guy who shaped and sold it , hopefully he may have a record of it somewhere ??

[ It would be great to see that board again …I have some okay video footage of Frank riding it]

As chipfish suggests, it may well be now on the wall in a restaurant in England and that restaurant may (or possibly may not) be The Red Barn in Woolacomb, North Devon, England. There are several boards hanging on the wall in that particular establishment, actually about 45-50 or so. Me being colour blind and short sighted (the boards are all hung very high up) could not swear that there was one just like it in there but it looked darn similar to my feeble peepers.

Aint got a number, but the adress is right.

Jase (MMM)

hi Jason !

…any chance that next time you’re in there , or if you ring the guy , that you could ask him if he bought the orange stubbie single fin at “Scarborough Longboards” , in West Australia ? [and , please, can you ask him for the dimensions ?!]

…cheers mate !

ben

No worries mate, though the Red Barn is one of those larger fasty-food serving pubs with loads of staff in uniform Tshirts, not sure if the owner will be there to ask, not sure if any of the staff there would know anything about the history of any of the boards. I will ask though, you never know!

I’m down that way again mid July.

Jase (MMM)

…is something wrong ?

[a mate sent me this]

??? ‘Perthect’ waves?

…check the horizon …

Mate, looks ike it’s gonna eatchya!

Jase (MMM)

The backdoor possibilites on that wave…

Quote:

" The backdoor possibilites …"

…you Wild man , you !!