Share the stoke ! [photos]

Here you go Chip, this is Dicko, between Bar and Mereweather (also known as Pogos) on a good day. That’s me up and riding, love the crowd. Also me on a tiny backside- single finin and me surfing Stumpy.

John

you got single fins ??

denz [when he arrives back] and ‘Lucas’ will be lovin’ that , I reckon …prepare for morning of the earth in newie , then !

ben “chip”

d-park looks like it gets swell eh ?

Another surfless weekend here in england, boo hiss but this week is looking promising. So no photos of surf unfortunately, but here are some photos of me in action in board crazy’s shed bringing my third surfboard to life. Many thanks to simon for the use of his shed once more.

Oh yes took everyone’s advice and got myself the necessary safety equipment this time!

And just one or two more.

I ESPECIALLY like this shot … it looks like you’re about to sedate the board !

lie still, this won’t hurt a bit. Very good Ben, it does rather look like i’m about to perform major surgery.

I usually have to do that AFTER I’ve glassed …

These photos just keep appearing in my mail box. As you can see there is no drinking on the job! If you look real close you can see one of boardcrazy boards hanging in the back and one of my snapped kiteboards (orange one in the rafters) in the background.

Howzit Kitesurfer, Are you doing cut laps or free lapping your lamination? Aloha,Kokua

Hi There, kokua. Free lapping at the moment on boards which are plain white but i’m planning to do a fish/kiteboard soon which will be resin swirled so will be cutlapping on that one. Have previously done one resin swirl and was totaly unaware that laps were cut as i hadn’t looked into it here on sway’s. However i’ve done quite a lot of searching now and will be going for (fingers crossed) a neat cutlap.

Cheers KS

why does your avatar remind me of Derek Hynd , I wonder , kitey …you’re not his forgotten long-lost english brother/ son , are ya ? [relax derek , it’s a sick joke]

‘share your dna’ ben

2nd cousin twice removed is the correct relationship chip.

For some reason i don’t seem to be able to change my avatar at the moment, do they need to be a certain size? Every time i remove it and try to replace it with a new one, the old one reappears.

Chipper i know you like all things home made so what do you thnk of this? My low wind, no waves, big sandy beach toy?

cool…

especially in english winters …

where do you sit ?

what’s the motor ?

roll bar ?

The avatar …mine sometimes takes ten to twenty minutes to change …just be patient .

I like changing my avatar , going for a surf , then seeing if the new one is up and running after my surf .

boy exciting life I lead , or what ?

I’ve got a canvas seat that goes in the middle which you sit on, steer with your feet and the power comes from a kite. Speeds of upto 40mph have been reached in this buggy, no roll bar just a good helmet! Here’s a photo of the buggy next to one of my kites and another of me enjoying the sun on a lazy sunday afternoon.

Photos posted without copyright but seeing as i wasn’t asked if they could post photos of me on their website it shouldn’t really matter.

now you definately look like derek hynd …

that one of you driving ?

… That is classsic ,mate !

a jolly spiffy frollick in the park !!

do dogs ever try to chase you , and bite the tyres ??

how do you stop the thing ??

that’s great mate …made my day , for sure …thanks !!

ben

Dogs chase me all the time (no funny comments please as to why). Last time in Ireland at Brandon Bay which has a good 10 miles of beach all of which i was using, one fine dog chased me up and down the beach for a good half an hour much to my amusement as (A) the owner wasn’t too happy about her dogs lack of obdience and (B) the dog just couldn’t quite keep up, but he did get a very good run that day.

Stopping, sometimes i fall out and other times you just slide to a stop. Usually when i fall out i break the buggy that’s why it gets constant modification.

and as you were just about to pack the buggy into the car , he cruised up , cocked his leg and had the final s[pr]ay "that’s for making me chase you all that time , you

*&%##@%*** !! "

What’s the size of your kite? Do you do any landboarding with it?

That kite is 15sq m. I’ve done a little land boarding but i tend to steer clear as it strikes me as a great way to brake your ankles and i’d rather not risk any kitesurfing or surfing time.

KS

heres my hi tech shaping room

its very advanced in design

note the high tech shaping stands

and hi tech piece of sandpaper

thats poltepourethytech fibre blue pigmented limb protectors im wearing…

im making a high tech hipthruster

for surfing rings around my low tech friends

:wink:

ps thats a hi tech tea and biccies im munching

bring it on