Share the stoke ! [photos]

good stuff dad !

now make yourself one of those 12’ weapons you ride in “Litmus” , and “Glass Love” !

‘lochlan’

Being for the benefit of Mr Kite(surfer):

Here’s a board I made for the friend in the photo some years ago. When I saw yours, the shape immediately reminded me of this one. Granted, it’s a bit longer and narrower but still…

Hi Bill !

…what were the dimensions on that , do you remember , please ?

cheers !

ben

Nice Balsa and as you say very simillar.

I’m about to make another board pretty much the same as the one in the photos for another friend. Thinking of giving it a round tail rather than a square tail this time so that i can get a feel for how it effects the ride of the board.

Enjoying this about to start backyard board no 6 with no 7 already firmly taking shape in my head.

No.7 is for me though, hopefully a flash looking fish.

KS

Sorry, mate, didn’t keep records. Must have been in the 7’ 6" to 7’ 8" range?

Web pre sanding.

6’1"

18" Widepoint on the center

2" thick

15" Tail

12" Nose

5" Pod

4" nose rocker

2" tail rocker

double wing square tail, wings 6" between each other.

Six Channels, side channels 2" apart, centre channels 3" apart.

Thruster (glass on) 4" deep, 4 2/8" base.

Shaped by Greg Webb of Shaping Co in possibly 1989 or 1990.

…and , do you also have a shot of the board’s hull , showing the channels , please , Josh ?

cheers !

ben

…and , do you also have a shot of the board’s hull , showing the channels , please , Josh ?

Sure do!

…cheers Josh !!

That’s a nice looking wave ben. Is it your local break he said turning green with envy? Still no surf here so no more photos of waves to offer only new surfboards to show. One step closer to finishing no.5.

Had a bit of a mare glassing the top with this one as the patch panel moved and creased up on my deck lamination. My own falt for not paying enough attention to what i was doing. Still not a complete wreck just a couple of air bubbles that i can live with. It’s amazing how much more you learn with each board you do.

Cheers KS.

share the stoke !! ( cheers Chris !!)

…yep , the “local” …

Promise to get some photos of some surf soon as the forecast is looking promising. But in the meantime board no.5 is nearly finished just a sanding job left to do. Here it is waiting for fins and a sanding.

Cheers,

KS

hi Chris !

will you put in two more back plugs [forward of existing two] , so you can use it as a single fin , too ?

fin available , if you want …

meanwhile … " go hard , or go home !! "

hey Ben,

man 12k+ viewings and i finnally got something to post…

somewhere along florida’s easternmost hump…hurricane Ophelia september 05…two weeks of decent to epic surf…im so surfed out! havent been this stoked in a long long while…

Sunset Beach yesterday Monday Sept 12th.

thanks heaps , guys !!

glad to see and hear others are getting waves , and stoked !!

…keep them coming ! [waves photos and stoke , that is !!]

ben

me doing what i do horribly

http://photobucket.com/albums/y269/riderofwaves/?action=view&current=2005_0815_071036AA.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y269/riderofwaves/?action=view&current=2005_0815_064548AA.jpg

that’s a nice glassy looking wave , rider…

but, tell me something …

does the sun ever come out , and do you guys ever get clear blue skies there, in summer ?? It looks kinda murky to me… [is that SMOG ??? or what ?]

ben