Swayloholics 2009

I

Fires in the fire pits and charcoal in the bbq's are being allowed in Plaskett Creek campground. My son and I just returned from a 3 day run up the coast and camped there.

Good morning

Board train from torrance to plaskett creek  , I have a new  Oakfoils 8 footer ready for pick up .It needs a ride  to  plaskett creek . If anybody could help let me know .

Thanks in advance   james

Speaking of board trains.  I have Paul Jensen's 24 foot paddle board.  It's on it's way south to San Diego County.  Kawika's the destination.  Can anyone take it from me at Plaskett and move it south?  It's very light and easy to strap to the top of a vehicle.  Mike

If I make it up...I can take it back.

Oh yeah Mike, don’t forget to bring your hamonica’s…Steve Cyr is coming up with me and he’s a fingerpicking blues fool…

Surfing Sanddollar Beach....I'm ready.....

When you get to the base of the stairs take look around , just pause and take it all in...walk south and paddle out next to the big rocks....work your way back north towards the stairs when you are in deep enough water...The right from the stairs is softer than it looks...That's my wave....north of that is a good peak with a left and a right...way north of that....I never paddled that far...Ha , Ha ....I saw Lee over there...Dr. Les too...Keith can catch anything so if you sit next to him you won't get any waves.....I'm working on duck diving all this week.....There's power at Sanddollar Beach...........Is it Sand Dollar or Sanddollar or Sandollar?????  

I need a vacation....62 hours a week is too much!!!!!

Thanks Lee.  Hope you make it.  I always have a few harmonicas in the truck.  I'll bring em all.  Mike

again

one last weekend to shop/pack before I leave next week

any particular "omiyage" request from the rock?

I have to bring up some island gifts for my vendors at the conference in SF anyway

its an island tradition

food?

kona coffee/Tea?

rice paper?

sorry boards are a hassled when your traveling on business..

see you all (hopefully) Friday morning.

lets see, this is all I garnered so far from this post..

Mellor-42

Sr Pato-28

Afoa-32-33

Ian-29

ChrisP-30

Keith-26

Rooster-38

GregTate-?

BTW the threat alert got escalated this week so the airports and popular areas are gonna suck soon..

They are looking for peroxide-laden backpack bombs

I wouldn't be using a backpack to travel..

hi Oneula,

did you want to borrow a wetsuit? i may have one that will fit you. what are your dims?

Thanks for the offer ChrisP

but I'm too old, fat and spoiled by my southern hawaiian waters to take that chance.

Remember I live in the armpit of Oahu.

It'd take me half the after noon to defrost after a session that far north..

An I only have several hours to hand around as I have to be back up at Stanford by 3 or 4PM at the latest.

Just thought I make the effort to drive on down say hello to the crew, drop off some goodies and head back up north.

I 've met some of you over here and at Keith's and some I haven't so that's why I'm coming down.. to say hello.

and maybe spread some aloha..

Hey maybe we can set a time to all meet up at John Mellor's camp instead of me hunting through the bushes for everyone's site.. What ever works..

Hey Bernie -

Site 42 is at the far right as you enter the campground where the road comes out from the group site loop.

http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundMap.do?selectedSiteRb=266272&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70161

i have my campsite reserved from the 1st through the 5th...

i'm allowed 8 people and will only have 4... so, if anybody needs a place to stay,

i can take up to 4...

shoot me a PM.

Bump........

Oh yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bump................

plenty of salt water and great company lies ahead .   

myself and my son , so we have extra room also .

james

ha ha! i can hardly wait! kinda looks like Ray's Shipman board is holding court huh?

this is what my back deck looks like right now... last minute thrashfest.

fin boxes being installed, dings being fixed, leash plugs,...

i'ts gonna be fun! woo hoo!

I just spoke with campground management.  Campfires are OK at this time.  Water supply is OK.  Bathrooms near main entrance are under construction and porta-potties.in place.  Bathrooms near back where most of us are reserved are operational.

Y'all drive careful.

Tuesday night 09/29/09...8:50 pm

I'll be loading my blue collar beer into Mark's truck in about 5 hours.....I have 10 yards of  6 oz warp cloth and a box load of stuff to wheel deal beg borrow and trade!!!!!  A biofoam board for Sr Pato too......

See you there!

Hey Oneula,

We should be up there Friday AM.

It’ll be rough for us wannabe surfers coming from SO CAL too. Water here has been about 70-72 and the waves haven’t been overhead for over a month. Now we’re heading into almost DOH waves and water temp in the 50’s. Brrrrr.

I have an extra hood if that’ll help :wink:

Please see my “positive” post on the shirt thread…

As for all your stoke… “FU!”  Ha! 

Jealous…  Only sorta…

Miss ya’all -

Peace and Aloha - have fun, be safe, have some carrots for me.