Swayloholics Anonymous 2010 Sept 24,25,26

If I were you, I’d travel light and cheap.

If you bring anything with you perhaps you can pack my board, I will pay the fees (but then I lose my excuse for a return trip, so this may require some soul searching).

I have a number of boards that you can use while you are here, D fin longboard, Hynson HII single fin, some hulls and some odd shorter boards.

Plus, once you get up to the campground, you’ll find a ton more boards you can use…the SF/SB guys can set you up with equipment for the second leg and/or you can take one of mine all the way up with you and I can have a friend store it for me up there.

There are ample shops around here were you could pick up something used for your trip as well…

I can’t believe I waited so long to check out this thread. Fortunately, a kind soul was nice enough to give me a heads up earlier and we were able to grab a site. The Matsuno family (Lillibel) will be joining us again this year so I can’t wait to see what kind of beautiful boards Jeff will be bringing. We’ll be in site #39 and promise to bring plenty of beer. I’ll also bring a huge pot of chorizo chili beans so first come, first served. Will also bring a couple of my goofy shortboards, items for trade and hopefully, a new SrPato 8’6" gun. Also included is a used SrPato 6’ round pin quad for the big boys.( Anyone over 200 lbs.) So if you have anything for trade, let me know.

My daughter checks in to Stanford the week before, and I’ll probably go over. I’d be there if the timing was better, but I’d have to be in CA longer than I can afford to.

What’s the water temp over there?

"What's the water temp over there?"

AHAAHAAHAAAA!  low to mid 50s?

DANG! you guys snatched up all the spots! ha ha ha...

first come first served it is... he Tim, can you PM me your # please.

[quote="$1"]

Er... we frenchies usually do other things at night but I suppose I will have to get used to your country's customs...

[/quote]

ha ha!

this is shaping up to be a great trip... so many new faces! woo hoo!

Balsa-----------I had to try.  About bringing boards though;  I'll have several with me and others will too.  So i'm sure you could use one while you are here.  If you bring one you may be able to sell it here before you leave.  Otherwise you could consign it in a shop and save yourself the air freight back.  I know of a shop in Santa Cruz.   Lowel

Lowel, thanks for the offer and infos. I want to thank you all, BTW, as I’ve received a huge number of PMs from many people, all offering to lend me boards during my trip. This is very much appreciated and of course I will be glad to try numerous boards when I’m there but I want to bring a few boards of mine for you to try, too.

all selfishness and personal agenda aside, you should factor in the the notion that there is a distinct chance that we get skunked for surf (at plaskett).

no one has mentioned this yet…I surfed twice last year and it was only out of sheer grit (and to try to keep up with Melville and LeeV)

the year before was gorgeous every day…the year before that they had rain the entire weekend…the year before that…

plus, factor in murphy’s law here:

if you bring boards, there will be no surf

if you do not bring boards, the surf will be EPIC

[quote="$1"]

Here's an update: unfortunately, Stéphane won't be able to make it; Unlike me, he's a reasonable guy and he knows that spending over 2000 € for a few days in California doesn't mix very well with a mortgage on the house he just bought.

[/quote]

Yes that's true, I cant decently ask my wife and daughter not ot spend a lot of money all year long and try to save as much as we can in order to do some work in our house, and on the other end I would spend all the saving account in one of the most beautiful week of my life, cruising down in a van with Balsa to meet all you guys !! My wife would not say much if I order a new board, but this a little to much.

But since, there has not been a single day I haven't thought to call Balsa back and tell him that we'll fly together !!!

2011 will be our 5 anniversery, maybe it will be a nice presnt for the family !!!

in the meantime, make a lot of photos, vidéos and share them, Balsa if you can just bring me back a litlle "souvenir" .

each and every one should have a spring-summer fund raising project

to make the extra money to cover these xtra curricular expenses,

mine was to make some primative boxes to pay for this new computer

and travel xpenses I wish to do like swaylox…

when you dream and make stuff to fulfill the dream

things can happen…

…ambrose…

if this is the el nino year…

mebe sand dollar will be

trunkin warm…?

the smells at plaskett 

are quite elevating.

who all is bringing family?

i will have my wife and 2 year old with me.

please reply

we're all family ;)

everyone please send me your logo in an attachment to surf4fins@yahoo.com. I have a plan.........

Hey Chris - pretty sure my wife and 3 kids will attend (as they almost always do)…  wander on over and hang by the campfire…

Chris you can come to our campfire any time plenty of story telling and much fun we don't have kids with us but we always have the Mira Mesa boys as our suragate kids. Always a good time where ever you park your seat at night..

thanks guys, i will. hangin out around the campfire is my favorite. i just remember laughing almost non-stop last year...

my wife had a good time when she came in '07 and is looking forward to this trip. everyone is very welcoming...

it was mentioned to me by another Swaylocker that it would be easier to convince his wife to come if she knew that she wouldn't be the only one. so...

everyone please send me your logo in an attachment to surf4fins@yahoo.com. I have a
plan…

Latest edition of the news: this time it’s for sure, my daughter Gabrielle will be coming along with me! Arthur will meet his baby-sitter again:

"Plaskett" Fire now in progress.

http://www.wildlandfire.com/hotlist/showthread.php?t=14048

Looks like it’s contained?