Swayloholics Anonymous 2010 Sept 24,25,26

we have a group that ALWAYS bring more friends and their friends and we end up playing musical cars moving them around to appease the camp host regulations on 2 cars per site. I'm sure you can find a place to fit in.

…and she swills vodka straight from the bottle.

you two will fit in quite well.

Howzit wakesurfer,Now you've done it, if that is your wife then you stay home and let her come to the get together. Just Kidding.Aloha,Kokua

I almost canceled.....Mrs. Stingray has been having major health problems. Surf4fins and MarkSSD have been keeping me sane...I met these guys at Plaskett Creek , now the're helping me get through major personal problems.....The San Diego crew rocks!....Mrs, Stingray is getting better...much better....looking forward to Sept 25 !!!!!

Ray

Howzit stingray, I sure am glad you did a post since for some reason I ha it in my mind tht the get together was he first weekend of Oct. I would have been the only on there. Sorry to hear about your wife and hope she gets better soon and I will be seding positive vibes her way. Aloha,Kokua

OCTOBE!!!R

WHEN DID IT CHANGE TO OCTOBER?

ADELAIDE!   bring me my snakeskin boots we gotta get going!

if the pass closes by august tenth

we have to get all the sheep down out a here before 

we can even think of going any where before april.

what day is it?

…ambrose…

I always thought the top bar said november

the original post from the start of the thread copied below:

Swayloholics Anonymous 2010 Sept 24,25,26

Plaskett Creek Campground Sept 24,25,26. Reserve your spot to be part of the legendary event! Bring your boards. Bring your women and children, Being your beer Bring more beer. I'm told spots are filling up fast, perhaps some of you may want to get together and reserve the group campsite if necessary. No host, no official raffle, no price tags (bring what you can for swapping. Get Ray drunk you never know what you'll bring home!) Camp sites just became reservable today for late Sept. Any questions post them here and everyone can figure it out. Keg stands optional.

So Tim are you ready for swaylocks anonymous ? I’m ready .     whos going to sacred craft san diego  next weekend ?   i’m on the edge , if theres no surf i would rather stay home .

james

[quote="$1"]

heya, finishing projects to take up for the trip. Hopefully I won't be sanding boards the day I'm supposed to leave as in years past!!!!

[/quote]

I'm ready to glass.....I've got CE and KK....cloth too...and a full tank of propane for the grill....I'm open the next two week ends.....The laminating is EZ...we need to make sure there's time for the sucky sanding and fin installs....

Ray

I’m trying to figure out the logistics of our trip right now.  Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.  Here’s the situation.  I’m brining the wife, and two boys (1.5 and 4 yrs old).  Should I split the ride up from San Diego to Plaskett creek into two days or just plow through in one shot.  If we left on Thursday night, then we could make it about half way up and get a hotel for the night.  The boys would probably sleep most of the way, so it would be less stress; but it would be a lot more expensive than driving the whole way there on Friday.  The same question applies for the way back.

good morning  swied ,

you could do it in one day , but it will be a long drive  . if you do it in a day , figure out your plan of attack regarding traffic . being stuck in traffic with two kids can be trying . try not to drive the  last two hours before the campground  at nite because it is remote , dark ,  a little windy twisty and possibly unfamiliar to you . especially if you are tired  . i did it once at nite and i was tired .  just my 2 cents .

you could split it   up  , and  stay  just one nite in a motel   and take your time either coming or going .  the guys from san diego  will give you some better advice since they  have traveled the route a few times

. good luck and drive safe .  james

If Ray and I drive straight thru leave at 4 arrive about noon or 1,

If not we drive to ventura spend the night get up surf C st then head out easy drive and get a surf in.

The road is pretty windy once you hit Big Sur. I have two boys also and the trick to long road trips is audio books. I did SF to SD and the boys wanted to finish the chapter in the car when we arrived.

[quote="$1"]

The road is pretty windy once you hit Big Sur. I have two boys also and the trick to long road trips is audio books. I did SF to SD and the boys wanted to finish the chapter in the car when we arrived.

[/quote]

Are there any good audio books for toddlers?  If I only had a portable DVD player with seven hours of Yo Gabba Gabba, Fireman Sam, and Sid the Science Kid, then we'd be golden.

edit: ...or brain dead. ;P

Howzit Brother Brose, I said I originally thought it was in Oct,, it is in Sept. Are you going to be there this year? I am trying to get things together to go and if you are going tobe there I will double my energy as for getting t together.I am looking into buying a 12 volt blender so I can eat food since that is the only way I can eat any thing that is not liquid Tonight I finished off the last of my Kailua pork so I need to go to Vegas for a reup at the Aloha Market. PM me. Aloha,Kokua

A sedative for the kids (maybe the wife?) might be a good idea.  Michael Jackson preferred this one...

What really sucks is the ride home......

You have a great time all week end , headed home on the two lane hwy behind some Mid life couple that just bought a new PT Crusier...(PT Loser)....Going 45mph with no where to pass...then you get into Santa Barr Bra and hit bumper to bumper traffic...???...(5 year construction project)...get through there and hit trafific in Oxnard...Why is there traffic in Oxnard on a Sunday afternoon? There's nothing in Oxnard to cause traffic.....Over the hill into the LA Basin.....We've had smooth sailing and we've had nightmares...One time it was bumper to bumper from Sherman Oaks to Long Beach.....Stay mellow.....Pre dawn from San Diego to Big Sur has worked best for us.....

And the Stingray predawn cocktail.....One 7-11 32oz big glup full of Mountain Dew....One Red Bull...Drink a few oz of the Big Glup...drink a few sips of the RedBull....Pour Red Bull into Big Glup......That will get you from San Diego to Ventura...

Ray.......

oh yeah driving sunday afternoon

through the 

historic highest density auto system

on the planet is the burr in the saddle blanket.

the freeways are empty just 12 hours before or after these

high use times.driving through the system at 5 am 

sunday morning on the full moon

with all six or seven lanes completely empty

going down town from LAX

is like surfing rincon with nobody out.

if only you could put off driving a day or so to leave

plaskett at like 3 am.

stop in ventura

and then run The L.A.

gauntlet in the am.you

would glide through 

like your hand over a cured gloss…

sunday afternoon

is some times best spent

just sitting in one place watching

everybody else drive.

three o’clock sunday afterrnoon

is the best time to go surf,

everybody is packing up to drive home

in assorted trains of cars

with your favorite slow guy in front 

singing casy jones the engineer  songs.

…ambrose…

surfing is not

just paddling out

at  a beach. 

some times

it’s driving or

riding elevators

or shopping for olives.

good surf sessions

start and end at the

stoplight at the corner

of your block.

My wife has a hand crank blender for camping, you could try it out. I think magaritas would be a good work out.

We could bring the hand crank ice cream maker too.

Howzit lavarat, Now that is a new one for me and have never heard of a hand crank blender. But don't worry since I will need one the trip there and back and all stops in between. Am going to West Marine here in Havasu since they make them for boats and though it may be a little expensive it will be priceless. My main concern is making sure I get one that won't break down on me since there are some real bad ones out there. I might have to do a google on hand crank blenders or just have you tell me where I can buy one, possibly for a back up. Hope fully by the time of the get together I will have had a doctor fix the throat thing for me. Just got accepted for AHCCCS state insurance here in AZ and am just waiting for my card so I can go to the doctor. One thing I have done is my research on who is a good doctor here since my doctor on Kauai was great. Aloha and hope to make it to meet you all. Aloha,Kokua