Tie Dye

Hot coat.

That looks REALLY good Mark!

What density blank did you use?

All done.  It was a U.S. Blanks red. 6’-9" x 20 1/2" wide.  Cordcell rails.  10 oz of various fabric on the deck.  6 oz of various fabric on the bottom.

Came in at 9 pounds 10 oz.

That looks super cool.

Very cool!

Yep,

I’ll take mine 6’0 x 20 x 2 3/8

Single into double with no V

I will take care of the fins

Please and thank you

I must’ve missed something, what’s cordcell? Awesome board

Pretty sure he meant corecell

It’s a type of foam

Aloha Mark,

Your tie dye board, both in appearance and design, is the rival of ANY pro built boards out there.     Very well done.     You’ve set the bar quite high.

Thanks for the kind words Bill,  but there’s flaws in it for sure! Is all camera angles!

I’m on the road right now to Plaskett.  Hopefully a ride report will follow.

I hope all have a fun time out there at Plaskett this weekend.

very nice Mark!!!

I love your style.

I love to work with different materials. As you may have seen i have been working with scraps and stuff but your stuff facinates me.

Can I ask what type of plastic you have for your vac bag.

I have one set up with quite thick PVC that I got from a marine guy. Its a bit too thick, but super tough.

Hope to see more of your builds buddy.

This board in person is even better than photos.

The shape is awesome.

The flow and transition between bottom contours, the rails, the tucked edge, foil, rocker,…

All really, really good.

Very nice!

Time for another summertime tie dye.

Anyone interested in a thread?

It was this thread of yours, everysurfer, that inspired this board. Looking forward to your next creation.

Woo hoo!   I like that!

Me too

A tie dye surfboard needs the right logo

No doubt! Sweet!

Every, your tie dye method I discovered comes in handy when working with Innegra. Since Innegra cloth doesn’t color for sh*t, I laminated tie dyed cloth over over it on this sweeper board I did. Adds color to a cloth you can’t do much with. Thanks! I see lots of possibilities thanks to you!