Where ya from, whatcha do?

First, you fly to Paris. Then you drive 500 miles to the south west. Turn on the right. Here you are: Guéthary, just south of Biarritz, just north of the spanish border. Meet a happy family of 7 members: Catherine, my ET wife. Kevin (21), Gabrielle (17), Nelson (11), Christian (9) and Sam (2), the lattest being the stupidest Labrador dog on earth… And, well, myself. Turning 50 the day after tomorrow… First wave in '66, first board shaped in '69, a few of each under my belt since then… I’m a carpenter and basically making about anything in wood. Also a shaper, as you may have guessed…

"I’ve got no deeds to do, nor promises to keep,

I’m dappled and drowsy and I’m ready to sleep…

Let the morning time drop all it’s petals on me…

Life, I love you: all is groovy…"

Hey Have, do you work for Rampage?

I live in Daly City, California next to San Francisco. I do Quality Assurance for a somewhat well known Internet company based in SF. I enjoy surfing, bodyboarding and surfing. :slight_smile:

Live in the central coast of Cali. I sell air. Really, I sell air. I take it out of the sky and repackage it and sell it for large sums of money.

I am from pompous Napa. The wine country.

Always striving to improve while balancing life’s curveballs.

Oh, the picture is of my roommate.

yes i do.

From NYC currently surfing dirty ole Rockaway NY and am a fashion designer in the largest dress shirt Co in the world. Have been a designer for various design houses the last 15 years.

Surf as much as possibly while raising a beautiful 1 1/2 yr old boy and loving a great women. Been married 8yrs and look forward to one day being able to surf all the time. Shape and create more art that’s what it’s about for now. Keep surfing and hope we get some good waves from this nor easter coming this weekend. Could be a cold line up w/ a ft of snow. Peace from the east!Later Swaylockian’s.

boat carpenter/boatbuilder, surf shop manager, commercial fisherman, woodworker, shellfish grower, carpenter - anything to make a buck. Next week, who knows. From the looks of the weather forecast, my main functions may be coffee drinking and sleep. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/MAZ022.php?warncounty=MAC001&city=Eastham

Cape Cod, MA, USA for the last … uhhh… the family has been here in town since around 1645 or so, one way or another. You might say I have roots here, or just they couldn’t find any way to get rid of me.

doc…

I’m from San Clemente California.

I manage a custom plastic injection molding company that specializes in Surf & Medical related products. My resume includes and small business management, engineering and economics education and CAD/CAM training and machinist apprenticeship. I’ve work in either the surf or marine industries for the past 27 years.

I’m a father and husband of two wonderful girls.

Electronic security guy creepin up on 40, father of 4, married to a great woman who also dreams of retiring to the beach. Have lived in Louisiana, Orange county Cal, Denver and for the last 7 years, western washington. Only been surfing for the last 2 1/2 years… stoked. Glueing up a styro blank for my first attempt at shaping this weekend…stoked. All of my interest revolve around water (surfing, sailing, paddling, fishing, snowboarding) hence the 7/10 tag.

7/10 (Darren)

I’m one of the Canadians on this forum. Live about an hour inland from Vancouver in British Columbia. Surfed for the first time about 1.5 years ago.(In Indian Head in Oregon, on a 9’0" rented bic). Tried waves in Washington and El Salvador after that. Caught the bug and built a hollow wood board this last summer. Currently working on another with one of my buddies. Gotta start a foam one too, but I need another vehicle right now. I can’t walk to the nearest surf (1.5 hours and across the border for a bit of mush)

I’m in University at this point and am about 7 weeks away from ending my four year apprenticeship and getting my Red Seal as an electrician (No, I don’t wire grow ops, or even partake in the famous ‘B.C. Bud.’ I’ll leave that for those who can’t find enough in a natural rush of endorphines and adrenaline from surfin/skating/hockey/cliffjumping/etc…) I also take sidework building Longskates (RedThorn Boards, hence the name) for private buyers or skateshops. Also do a lot of riverboarding with my brother and a few other friends willing to take a run on and ocasional fall into our rivers. Mucho, mucho frio. No gusto el bierno. (sp?) No wife or kids(for that matter, significant female of any kind), as I’ll just be 20 in February. And like Aquafiend, I too try my best to live a life like Christ did…

Born in Honolulu, raised and presently live in Pearl City, Hawaii. Recently turned 50 (this week actually). Have surfed since '67, started shaping in '89. Work as a maintenance machinist just down the street at the power plant on the shores of Pearl Harbor. Always wondered what went on in there as a kid…now I know.

small world…

but then it’s a small island.

If you’re part of the power tribe, then you must know my brother Harry (Media Relations)

He thinks he’s a hot surfer, probably is… Doesn’t take care of his boards though.

should’ve named him ding-ding.

Aloha from Ewa

Quote:

Contracted by the Australian govt to keep an eye on Ben and report any suspicious behaviour.

WOOHOOO !!!

… whattya got on me so far ??

there should be a whole big ol’ file on me by now…

And, all from a satellite , I’m guessing, as there’s more than a few water miles between silver strand and…not tellin’ !!

agent orange chip

Im from mid northern beaches region of Sydney living on a block newly named LOGTOWN. I am a student who has know limit in taking in new knowledge about boards and other surfing related appendages. I surf as many boards as possible and ride them all in the right conditions and in their (well through my eyes) most correct suited styles. keep an eye out for SANDER SURFBOARDS.

Born and raised in South Florida.Still live here.I work as a crewman on sportfishing boats.When not

fishing abroad I brush paint/varnish the same boats back here in Florida.Married for 15 years to a great girl.Started surfing in 1979 at age 10.I enjoy shaping as a hobby.

Professional Land Surveyor living in eastern NC. 42, married, 2 kids, surfing for 30 years and now itching to be a amateur shaper/glasser thanks to this site.

44 yo [ 19 days ago]

I’m originally from Sydney. Been living in Perth, West Australia, since 1983.

I sometimes work as an occupational therapy assistant in aged care facilities .

ben

I’m from the North Shore of MA

I work as a graphic artist, web developer, tradeshow coordinator, carpenter, snow shovel-er. I am trying to figure out the answer to how I can surf more and work less. If anyone has any tips, send them along :slight_smile:

I’m Ben’s (chipfish61) bitch. My name is davey-boy but he calls me lollipop.

I think we’d better stop it now, okay ?

…someone might actually think we are serious ?? [like surfermag’s infamous ‘Gaysurfer USA’ , for instance !]… I heard he lurks around people’s back doors.

ben